Humans have fasted throughout history for various reasons, including spiritual, health, and survival.
Your body goes through several metabolic changes when you fast. Fasting causes your body to enter ketosis, where fat is used for energy instead of carbohydrates when carbohydrates are not available.
Although it is unlikely to become deficient in nutrients while fasting, it depends on how severe your fast is and how long it lasts.
To guarantee proper Vitamin and mineral consumption while fasting, some people choose to take supplements. It is better to take your supplements with food while fasting. Firstly, you will avoid breaking your fast in error. Also, some vitamins, such as zinc, might cause gastrointestinal distress when taken on an empty stomach.
The supplements below can provide essential nutrients and help suppress your appetite during a fast.
- Multivitamins: These are pills containing multiple vitamins. Ensure that the brands you get do not contain sugar or added fillers should contain few or no calories.
- Omega-3: Because many diets are deficient in Omega-3, regular supplementation is necessary and extremely helpful for heart, brain, and eye health.
- Vitamin D is essential for strengthening the immune, establishing strong bones and core. If you do not get enough sunlight during the day, make sure you have plenty of Vitamin D-rich foods in your diet.
- Magnesium: This aids in the maintenance of major neurological functions and ensures that impulses from the body to the brain and vice versa are functioning properly. It can also ensure that fasting for long periods does not exhaust you.
- Soluble Fibre: It increases satiety between meals.
It's critical to meet your body's nutritional needs when fasting to stay healthy. While it's better to receive all of your nutrients through food, supplements might be a great backup plan if you are fasting.
To shop from our affordable and comprehensive collection of Supplements and Vitamins, Click HERE!